Manuka honey is manufactured from the nectar of the manuka tree, which can be found in Australia and New Zealand. Manuka honey is the mother of all honeys and is a highly sought for brand of honey for many reasons.
Manuka honey has a vicious, difficulty to manipulate texture. In ancient times, Manuka honey was used to treat multiple conditions due to its antibacterial qualities. Manuka honey was covered in great detail in Manuka Honey for the Skin.
13 Manuka Honey Uses for Hair, Health & Beauty
Manuka honey can be used for the following purposes:
- It contains a lower glycemic index (GI 54-59) than other honey making it a suitable sweetener.
- Can be used to treat skin issues like acne and eczema. You can create a moisturising mask and cleanser.
- There have been studies that suggest that Manuka honey can inhibit the growth of cancerous cells.
- Eating honey can help to treat stomach issues like acid reflux and intestinal imbalances due to its antibacterial properties.
- Manuka honey can be used to even out scarring and discoloration from acne, and even out the skin tone.
- Manuka honey has 4 times the nutritional component of regular honey making t an exceptional nutritional supplement.
- Manuka honey can be effective in IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and (IBD) Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- A teaspoon of Manuka honey every day can keep the common cold away due to its immune system boosting properties.
- A teaspoon of Manuka Honey diluted a cup of hot water with a slice of lemon juice can improve a clogged chest, cough or sore throat.
- Manuka honey can improve dental health and prevent gingivitis.
- Manuka honey can be used on sun burns and nasty cuts to make them heal faster.
- Manuka honey contains oligosaccharides, which aids in better digestion.
- It can be used on the hair and scalp as a mask for a light protein treatment. It can also help prevent frizz and split ends. Read Manuka Honey for Hair.
The video below also delves into the many benefits of Manuka honey for health.
Where to Buy Manuka Honey in Dubai?
Genuine Manuka honey isn’t cheap and should have a UMF rating of 10 – 16+. You can find genuine Manuka honey at the following places:
You can also order it from iHerb.com with 10% off your first order of $40 or more with all VAT charges included.