The previous article covered How Rose Water Can Assist with Hair Loss Problems in Dubai.
In addition to the hair, rosewater can also be used for a few common skin ailments.
Rosewater is one of the best ingredients you can include in your skincare. It’s a very simple product made out of only two ingredients – roses and distilled water.
There are no preservatives or other chemicals involved. It’s natural, softens the skin and gives it a vibrant glow.
6 Reasons to Include Rosewater in Your Skin Care Regimen
- Rosewater is great for restoring and maintaining the pH balance of your skin.
- As mentioned above, rosewater softens the skin and gives it a natural glow.
- Rosewater helps revitalize dull and dry skin.
- Rosewater has antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which makes it a great toner for the skin.
- Rosewater can help balance out oily skin.
- Rosewater is a budget-friendly and natural option for skincare.
DIY Rosewater Toner for the Skin
- A bottle of rosewater like Dabur Guladari Rosewater
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 5 drops of either tea tree essential oil or peppermint essential oil (oily/acne-prone skin)
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil or rosehip seed oil (all other skin types)
- 1 teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 4 oz bottle like this one
- 2 – 3 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil for fragrance (optional)
- Fill the bottle up with the rosewater then add in the vitamin E oil. Close and shake.
- Add in the essential oil for your skin type, the apple cider vinegar and ylang-ylang essential oil if using.
- Close bottle and shake again.
How to Use
Apply the rosewater toner with a cotton ball every evening after cleansing your skin.
Make small batches and use within a few weeks. This toner will also remove any additional makeup left on your face.
If you have a diffuser or humidifier at home or in the office, you can use rosewater for a refreshing scent.
It has been said to improve the mood and provide a calming effect.
Additionally, when making face masks or face packs, use rosewater instead of water to prepare the mixture.
You can’t really go wrong with rosewater. It’s so gentle, it’s suitable for all skin types.
If your skin reacts badly to anything else you add, you can use rosewater just as it is.
If you’re interested in making your own rose water, there’s a simple recipe HERE.
Where to Buy Rosewater?
You can find rosewater in most local supermarkets or you can order it online with free shipping through Prime HERE.
Beauty Products with Rosewater
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater
- Christophe Robin Instant Volumizing Mist with Rosewater
- JASON Satin Shower Body Wash Invigorating Rosewater
- C.O. Bigelow Rosewater Skin Tonic