If you’ve ever had a microwave with splatter and grime, it can be a bit annoying to clean.
Additionally, you might be using a cleansing solution laden with chemicals to make it spotless it.
This is not something that should be touching the same place where you heat up food so here’s a simple hack I recently discovered for cleaning microwaves with a lemon.
It’s quick, natural and takes less than 10 minutes. Some people also use baking soda but I found this to be very effective:-
Simple and Natural Way to Clean a Microwave
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 lemons
- Fill a microwaveable bowl with the water.
- Cut open the lemons and squeeze the juice into the water.
- Afterwards, place the lemons into the bowl of water
- Place the bowl in the microwave and run for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, turn off the microwave and wait for an additional 5 minutes then take out the bowl.
- Clean the microwave with a wet sponge. The grime should come off easily.
If you’ve never done this before, you can view a nifty video that shows the steps from start to finish below:-